Walnut Grove Neighborly News Online June 2021
What's My Home Worth?
Market News: 22 homes sold in Countryside/Walnut Grove/Crown Point in May 2021, ranging in price from $372,500 - $705,000. On June 5, 8 homes were under contract and 2 homes actively for sale. The low number of homes sold and on the market reflects the record-low housing inventory throughout the metro area.
Click here to view Homes For Sale in Walnut Grove and surrounding area
Fireworks at City Park!
Fireworks are back! Celebreate Independence Day with the spectacular show put on by the City of Westminster and sponsored by St. Anthony North Health Campus. See City of Westminster website for details. https://www.cityofwestminster.us/specialevents
Create the Home Office of Your Dreams
Whether you work full-time at home or occasionally need to conduct business in the evenings
or on the weekends, a home office a great way to utilize an extra room. A dedicated workspace
in your home can be designed to increase productivity and comfort. Here are 5 ideas to get you
- Invest in a good office chair. Investing in an ergonomic office chair is essential. You may be
spending anywhere from 30 to 50 hours a week sitting in it, so your back will thank you.
Purchasing one with multiple adjustments is ideal so it fits you just right.
- Switch up your lighting. Fluorescent lighting has been proven to be hard on the eyes. Make
the switch to LED or halogen light bulbs in your home office and try to let in as much natural
light as possible. Also, consider finding a desk lamp to reduce headaches and eye strain.
- Keep essentials in reach and organized. Nothing says productivity like a clean, neat work-
space. Select a desk with a lot of storage or install creative shelving to keep items like pens,
pencils, extra batteries, calculators, notepads, and more stored within arm’s reach.
- Decorate bright. Pick a color you love and use it to spice up the room. Use cheery yellow or
red or relaxing tones like green and blue, instead of beiges and browns.
- Aim for the view. If possible, place your desk so you are facing a window instead of a blank
wall. Natural light can do wonders for staying alert and you can give yourself a short mental
break when necessary by looking to the outdoors.